Updated April 2021.
The Government confirmed today the Roadmap out of Lockdown is on track and this means our Little Hands baby Sign classes can restart in April 2021.
I am so excited to welcome you and your family to our Covid Safe baby sign classes this Summer term! Thank you so much for your interest in learning brilliant baby sign with us.
“We absolutely love these classes! We feel very safe, Kathryn has done a great job adapting to Covid guidelines. There’s singing and story time while learning the signs and lots of bubbles. The chat afterwards has also allowed us to meet other families. Highly recommend!” Lorna, Ealing
Each week we will cover a different theme, and will learn helpful signs and gestures through play, songs, stories and enjoy a cuppa and chat. We will be learning signs borrowed from British Sign Language (BSL).
So, what can you except from our Covid-19 Safe classes?
You may be feeling excited about coming to our classes, but some of you may be feeling a little nervous or uncertain. Please let me assure you that I have taken great care to meet all the guidelines to keep us all safe, whilst also keeping our warm, relaxed and friendly class. We are allowed to open because we’re an organised children’s activity working to strict Covid safety measures.
Our terms are shorter, to make it easier for everyone to commit to classes. We will also have a smaller group, socially distanced, with the same families each week so you can get to know each other. Usually I’m all about flexibility, but I hope you understand that at the moment we need to keep our classes small and consistent.
Cleaning has always been the highest priority in our classes, and now is no different. Each week, I’ll provide you with your own freshly sanitised props and toys and everything will be squeaky clean.
When joining us, I kindly ask you to:
- Book online before joining us and complete the online health declaration. A family booking is for one adult and two children (max).
- Please stay at home if you or a family member are unwell and showing symptoms of Covid-19, such as a fever, new cough or a loss of taste or smell. Please follow the Government Guidelines.
- Follow social distancing before, during and after class.
- Use the one-way system and our welcome station hand sanitiser.
- Wear a mask when you enter class, move around and leave. You can take your mask off when you’re settled in your space with your little one.
- Stay on your mat during class and collect your child if they start to wander. I understand this is hard for little ones and we will play games to make it fun. But please remember you are responsible for your child during our time together.
- Enjoy the toys and props on your mat, but please don’t share them with others.
- Join in with all the signs and actions during our songs, but for the moment, please no group singing. Odd I know, but this is to limit aerosol particles as per Government advice.
- Bring your own travel cup with a lockable lid, a snack for your little one, a blanket and your own nappy changing mat. I’ve got the rest covered.
I really appreciate your help and understanding with our new safety measures, they are important so that we can all stay healthy. All these measures are in place so that we can avoid being in ‘close contact’ with each other; within 2 metres for more than 15 minutes and reduce the spread of this pesky virus.
One of the most important things you can do is to not attend classes if you are feeling unwell or have Covid-19 symptoms. It’s hard, I know, but this will mean we can ensure everyone is safe and keep our classes open for all our families to enjoy. If you are unwell, you can join our weekly Zoom class instead, or request a £5 credit you can use towards your next term’s booking.
I am also a parent myself, so if I need to self-isolate to look after my own children then our classes will move online or be rescheduled. Motherhood is a juggle; thank you for your understanding.
You can read our full Covid-19 Policy for more details and information about the safety measures in place for our classes.
Please also read our updated Terms and Conditions.
I hope this is helpful and gives you peace of mind when joining us, but if you have any questions please contact me via email at email@example.com.
I am so excited to meet you and your little ones,
Founder Little Hands Baby Sign