Little Hands Baby Sign COVID-19 Policy
Updated August 2021
Covid restrictions in England have now eased, but we will keep many of our Covid measures for the time being this Autumn term. These include smaller classes, family ‘islands’, social distancing, individual props, recommend face masks, increased ventilation and a comprehensive cleaning routine.
Below is our full Covid-19 Policy for background and information.
The health and safety of all families joining our classes has always been our highest priority, and this continues during the Coronavirus Pandemic. Our classes have been adapted, and our policies and procedures updated to ensure we meet all the latest Government guidelines, safety measures and roadmap. This policy outlines the changes we have made so that you feel comfortable and safe when you join us, but also what we ask of you when attending classes. Our policy will be reviewed as Government guidance is updated.
Firstly, be assured that baby classes are able to open from April 2021 and are exempt from the Government’s rule of six. This is because we are an organised activity for children, following strict safety measures, adhering to social distancing and have completed comprehensive risk assessments. We are allowed a maximum of 15 adults in our classes, social distancing allowing, and children under 5 years old are not counted.
The measures mentioned here are in place so that we can continue to offer our warm and friendly class; whilst making sure we help prevent the spread of Covid-19 by avoiding being in ‘close contact’ with each other. These measures are important because close contact is defined as ‘A person who has been within 2m of someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 for more than 15 minutes.’ Government Guidelines
When you join our classes, we kindly ask you to:
- Book before joining us and complete the health declaration. All bookings are made via our website. Unfortunately, we are unable to accept drop-in bookings at this time.
- Stay at home if you are feeling unwell and showing symptoms of Covid-19, and to follow the Government and NHS Guidelines.
- Symptoms include a fever of above 37.8C, a new continuous cough and a loss of taste or smell.
- If someone in your household is also showing symptoms, please stay at home for the time being.
- Here is a helpful BBC article about the symptoms of Covid-19.
- You won’t miss out on our class, see our Refund Policy.
- Socially distance from other families when you arrive, during the class and when you leave.
- Follow the one-way system when entering and leaving.
- Wear a mask when you enter class, move around and leave. You are welcome to remove your mask when you are settled in your space.
- Stay on your mat during class and collect your child if they start to wander. We understand this is hard for little ones and we will play games and work together to create a fun safe space for all. You are responsible for your child during our class.
- Enjoy the toys and props on your mat, but please don’t share them with others.
- Join in with all the actions and signs during our songs, but for the moment only our class leader can sing. This is to reduce aerosol particles and specifically oted in the Government Guidlines.
- Bring your own travel/safety cup with a lockable lid for our social time.
- Bring a blanket and a snack for your little one to enjoy.
- Bring your own nappy changing mat and supplies.
Your understanding and support is much appreciated at this time. Your cooperation with our new measures means we can keep our classes open for all our families.
Adaptions to our Covid-19 Safe classes:
- Shorter terms to ensure everyone can commit to classes.
- Smaller class with the same families attending each week.
- A maximum of 15 adults in our classes, social distancing allowing, children under 5 years old are not counted.
- Marked out spaces for each family spread 2 metres apart.
- Handwashing and hand sanitiser available.
- Freshly sanitised toys and props for you and your little one to enjoy.
- Session leader will wear a clear visor during our class.
- We will still enjoy our cuppa and chat at the end of class, but please bring your travel cups and snack for your little one. Prewrapped biscuits will be available for adults.
Other safety measures
- A comprehensive risk assessment has been completed for each class.
- Session leader completed an online Covid-19 and Infection control course in August 2020.
- Updated cleaning procedures, reduced toys and adopted a single use prop policy.
- All our venues have Covid-19 safety measures and undertaken a risk assessment.
- Session leader insured with an up-to-date DBS check.
NHS Test and Trace
Our Terms and Conditions
Please read our Terms and Conditions in conjunction with our Covid 19 policy.
If you have any questions, or would like more information or any of the details above, please do contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org and I can talk you through everything.
Founder of Little Hands Baby Sign