Warm and friendly
Baby Sign Classes
Bookings open for September 2021!
Come and join us and learn brilliant baby sign. We sing, we play and we enjoy a story and learn helpful and easy signs to use with your baby.
Join our Covid Safe baby sign classes and give your child an easy way to ‘talk’ you using signs and gestures before they can say their first word.
Baby sign is about adding a visual action to your words. It’s just like how you're teaching ‘bye bye’, by adding a waving action for your baby to copy before they can say the words.
Your little one can start to use their hands from about 5 months old, but speech may not come for some time, around 18 months.
Using signs can bridge the gap between the two stages and gives you a wonderful opportunity to share things, ease frustration, stop tantrums and most importantly have fun together.
Each week at Little Hands Baby Sign we will:
- cover a different family friendly topic
- learn easy and helpful signs through role play, songs and stories
- meet local parents and have a drink and a biscuit
- take home a sign card to help remember what we learned.
I’m Kathryn and I teach all of our baby sign classes. I’m a parent just like you and each week I aim to offer a lovely little class that your child will enjoy, where you can both learn something useful and meet new friends.
Our classes are Covid Secure
Covid restrictions in England have now eased, but we will keep many of our Covid measures for the time being this Autumn term. These include smaller classes, family ‘islands’, social distancing, individual props, recommend face masks, increased ventilation and a comprehensive cleaning routine.
Be assured our classes are warm, relaxed and friendly; but also safe and secure for you and your family. You can read our Covid 19 Policy for more background and information on our Covid-91 safety measures and adaptions.
If you have ANY questions about Covid or our classes please contact me.
We run weekly 45 minute classes in Brentford and Hanwell:
- Thursday at 10am & 11.15 at Hanwell Methodist Church. Full details below.
- Friday at 10am at Ealing Road Baptist Church, Brentford. Details here.
Our classes run term time only and your booking is a half term block or 6/7 classes. Classes aimed at children aged 0-2yrs.
Our Ealing Broadway class remains paused for the time being.
Dates for 2021:
Our Autumn term will start Monday 13th September 2021 until Friday 17th December 2021
- Half term break is Monday 25th October – Friday 29th October 2021.
Our weekly classes run in term time. Bookings made in half term blocks of 6/7 classes.
- In person classes are £10 a class; bookings made in half term blocks of 6/7 weeks.
- A family booking is for 1 adult and a maximum of 2 children.
- Bookings made via our online booking system.
- If we have space you may be able to join us mid term.
- Please also read our Terms and Conditions.
- If you are unwell and not able to join our classes.
Our classes are relaxed. Feel free to feed or breastfeed your baby, change a nappy or have a snack. It’s all good with us. We only ask you put your phone on silent, so that you don’t distract others or take your attention away from your little ones during the class.
There is also plenty of time to chat and socialise with parents at the end of the class and enjoy a drink and a biscuit.
Children with any level of hearing loss or disability are most welcome.
You can read all about ‘What to expect from our Covid Safe baby class’ in our blog for more information and details on the changes we have made.