Join our weekly
Baby Sign Classes
Your child is bursting to share things with you, to include you in their world and to be a part of everyday family life.
Join our baby sign classes and give your child an easy way to ‘talk’ you using signs and gestures before they can say their first word.
Baby sign is about adding a visual action to your words. It’s just like how you're teaching ‘bye bye’, by adding a waving action for your baby to copy before they can say the words.
Your little one can start to use their hands from about 5 months old, but speech may not come for some time, around 18 months. Using signs can bridge the gap between the two stages and gives you a wonderful opportunity to share things, ease frustration, stop tantrums and most importantly have fun together.
Join our warm and friendly baby sign classes
Each week at Little Hands Baby Sign we will:
- cover a different family friendly topic
- learn easy and helpful signs through role play, songs and stories
- meet local parents and have a drink and a biscuit
- take home a sign card to help remember what we learned.
You can join our classes at any point during our term as long as we have space.
I’m Kathryn and I teach all of our baby sign classes. I’m a parent just like you and each week I aim to offer a lovely little class that your child will enjoy, where you can both learn something useful and meet new friends.
We run weekly 45 minute classes in Ealing Broadway, Hanwell and Brentford:
- Wednesday 10am & 11.30am at Ealing Quaker Meeting House, Ealing Broadway. Full details below.
- Thursday 10.15am at Hanwell Methodist Church. Full details below.
- Friday 10am at Ealing Road Baptist Church, Brentford. Details here.
Our classes run term time only.
Our weekly classes run in term time:
- Spring Term: 6 January – 3 April 2020 (Half term 17-21 February 2020)
- Summer Term: 20 April – 10 July 2020 (Half term 25 – 29 May 2020)
Our classes are flexible and family friendly:
- Your first class is £5
- You can buy a Flexible Pass and save money with 6 sessions for £50
- Your pre-paid Flexible Pass is valid for 3 months from your first class and non-refundable
- You can pay as you go for £10 per session
- A twin or one sibling is welcome for free (if aged 0-2yrs)
- Bookings made via our online booking system
- Please also read our Terms and Conditions.
Our classes are relaxed. Feel free to feed or breastfeed your baby, change a nappy or have a snack. It’s all good with us. We only ask you put your phone on silent, so that you don’t distract others or take your attention away from your little ones during the class.
There is also plenty of time to chat and socialise with parents at the end of the class and enjoy a drink and a biscuit.
Children with any level of hearing loss or disability are most welcome.